Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Last Comic Standing...questions!

So, I have been getting a lot of email about the new Last Comic Standing, So let me try to answer some of your questions here, because as you know I”m not the best in responding to email all the time. The Question I get the most is “Is it fixed? Should I even try, I heard manager’s pic there clients to be on the show. Bla bla bla”

Here is the deal at lest with the season I was on. A lot of people said Barry Katz got all his clients on the show.
Fist that’s impossible, there is a department in at every network called “Standards and Practices” and they could give a fuck less about Barry Katz or his clients, and NBC would not risk loosing there broadcast licenses over ANT getting on the show.

With my season, once all the nation wide search stuff was over we went into the “House” like a day later, then two and half weeks later all that stuff was done filming. That was lets say done in March. Those people, then, being smart business people knew they had 4 months to get everything in order before they where on Prime Time every week. I.e., you know shit was going to get huge for you, so you fired, hired you managers, got new agents, biz managers, publist etc etc. during that time 4 months before what we filmed actually was on tv, a lot of people signed with barry, So when the time was the show was on it simmed everyone was with him, they where, but after much of the show was already filmed.

Second, “does your stand up, really mean anything? Or are they just casting people they might not get along?” mmmmm Fuck ya there casting its TV.. You ever see ugly girls in beer commercials? Survivor doesn’t let the first 20 people at the door on the show.

IM sure they are looking for all around players, you could have a funny as shit 2 minutes, but what are you going to do minute 3 or 4. I did 22, 4 minute sets that’s a shit load, that’s 22 different tonight show sets in less then 6 months

Then when you go on the road after you new found fame, they don’t want to here the same shit, you did on the show.

I also saw funny people that did go stand up but sucked ass when it came to interviews and on camera stuff, that shit is equally important for a show like that. Think sound bites when you talking!!

They’re not looking for the best Walkin impersonation there looking for someone who can maybe have there own show, with the leg to last for 5 years.

I’m sure none of my advice is going to help. Here is how I made through the show, I never thought I was going to win, no was that the goal, I just wanted to be the in the top half every time. I.e.… out of 40, just wanted to be in the 20, out of 20 just wanted to be 10, out of 10…..5….out of 5. Well at that point I was happy to be at 5 , but then they changed it to 6, they the 3.. Then holly fuck I won…

That’s all I have now, Good luck … just be funny!

Take care
John

2 Comments:

Blogger Ex said...

John
You comic savant. Get a spell checker for your website. And maybe spell Lotfus's name right on his picture caption.

2:53 AM

 
Blogger Jes said...

Comics have to be funny, they don't have to be able to spell.

9:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home